Does Win7 Pro 64Bit support creating a System Image from 2 SSD Drives that are in Raid 0?
I'm setting up a new system and would like to save system image snapshots as I build it so that I can bring my system back to any stage if I ever run into problems. I'm using 2 OCZ 120 GB SSD drives in RAID0 as my System Drive for OS and Applications.
Since these are SSDs, I'm not planning on storing any data there (I have another set of WD drives in Raid5 internally for data storage -- actually, I've relocated my paging file to these drives as well).
At this point in time, my RAID0 drive only has Win7 Pro 64bit and the motherboard, display and Blueray burner drivers installed. I created a system image of my SSD Raid0 drive resulting in a successful creation. However, I just want to make sure that it really
is successful before I start installing all my applications. The newly created System Image size is 13.7GB, while the actual used space on Raid 0 Drives is 30GB.
1. Does this size difference sound right?
2. Does Win7 perform any compression (Note: During the process of answering the system image creation question, Win7 indicated I'd need 30GB on my destination drive -- which was my internal Raid5 array)?
Is there any way of testing the validity of the system image?
Keys to the Problem Does Win7 Pro 64Bit support creating a System Image from 2 SSD Drives that are in Raid 0?
The only way you will know for sure is to test by loading the image to another partition.
You may do the following and check if this helps:
You may restore the image to an unused drive letter, reboot and then get into the BIOS.
Now change the boot sequence to the drive letter that you chose and save.
Once you reboot you will be able to test.
BIOS DISCLAIMER -
Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly.
Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved.
Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.
Hope this helps.
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error Does Win7 Pro 64Bit support creating a System Image from 2 SSD Drives that are in Raid 0?
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Does Win7 Pro 64Bit support creating a System Image from 2 SSD Drives that are in Raid 0?:
How to Fix Does Win7 Pro 64Bit support creating a System Image from 2 SSD Drives that are in Raid 0? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 184.108.40.20628,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.220.127.116.1133,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.18.104.22.16847,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: Do i have to access domain before getting on internet at work? Tech Support,[Solved] do I need to backup drivers if I want to format and reinstall windows 7 ?,Solution to Error: Distributed alignment in Word 2011,Disk Defragmenter doesn't check C: [Solved],Drag and Drop in Excel [Anwsered],Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)