Default Media Player Assignment Not Working
Hello! I'm having a minor but irritating problem with my default media player assignment.
I recently installed MediaMonkey, just to have a play around with it.
I didn't want to switch to using it full time (at least not yet), as my media library is nicely set up in WMP at the moment.
But the MediaMonkey installer made MediaMonkey the default
Now, I also have a Wireless Laser Keyboard 5000.
The Music hotkey used to start WMP, but, after the MM install, it obviously started starting MM instead.
Like I said, I wanted to keep WMP as the default media player, so I went into "Set program access
and computer defaults", Custom, and changed the default media player back to WMP.
Now, when I press the Music button on my keyboard, I get a dialog box stating "The current assignment for this customizable key is not available." Changing the default back to MediaMonkey doesn't help.
I can't get this button to start a media player!
Obviously, I could get the button to run a specific command line, but I really want to keep the button's setting as "Starts media player".
Help! Thank you!
Anwsers to the Problem Default Media Player Assignment Not Working
To install drivers and other optional updates
- To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click View available updates.
- Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Default Media Player Assignment Not Working:
How to Fix Default Media Player Assignment Not Working with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 18.104.22.168059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.22.214.171.124 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.126.96.36.199,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: Troubleshoot:D'Nealian Font for Office 2010?,[Anwsered] Data not summed correctly by Excel,Troubleshooter of Error: DEP keeps shutting down Internet 8 Explorer,How to Fix Problem - defragment system reserved?,Solution to Error: Desktop Secure Boot Isn't Configured Correctly - Windows 8.1